Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Inspection

Today I went to the house so that the inspector could show me around and let me know about any problems with the house. It's worth mentioning that Shane (our real estate agent) recommended this particular inspector because of his reputation for being brutally thorough. He showed up at the house at 10:30 and inspected the place until I arrived at 12:30 at which point he walked me through.

The first thing he said to me was "you've bought a great house". He proceeded to show me all the "problems" that he found. I put "problems" in quotes because they were more or less trivial problems. For instance, the plug box where the garage door opener plugs in had come loose from the board it was nailed to... He then suggested that I adjust the sprinklers so they do not spray on the windows directly... He even pointed out that the plug stop used in the tub upstairs didn't quite seal off completely... These are the kinds of minor things he pointed out. He continued to mention that he thought this was a wonderfully taken care of house.

It's a nice feeling to have an inspector go through your house and the biggest problem he can find is sprinklers squirting your window.

No comments: